Network Functions Virtualisation aims to transform the way that network operators architect networks by evolving standard IT virtualization technology to consolidate many network equipment types onto industry standard high volume servers, switches, and storage. It involves the implementation of network functions in software that can run on a range of industry-standard server hardware, and that can be moved to, or instantiated in, various locations in the network as required, without the need for installation of new equipment.
– Reduced equipment costs and power consumption.
– Increased speed of Time to Market.
– Sharing resources across services and across different customer bases.
– Automatic scale-in and scale-out of virtual resources.
– Achieving high performance virtualized network appliances which are portable between different hardware vendors, and with different hypervisors.
– Managing and orchestrating many virtual network appliances while ensuring security from attack and misconfiguration.
– Ensuring the appropriate level of resilience to hardware and software failures.
– Integrating multiple virtual appliances from different vendors. Network operators need to be able to “mix & match” hardware from different vendors, hypervisors from different vendors and virtual appliances from different vendors without incurring significant integration costs and avoiding lock-in.
Odine Solutions is the leading NFV system integrator in EMEA with expertise in global deployments of Red Hat OpenStack and VMware Cloud OS. We are chosen by Turkcell, Lifecell, and Millenicom as their Primary NFV System Integrator which let us achieve:
* Turkcell Unified NFVI prime integrator with Affirmed Networks.
* Lifecell Ukraine Unified NFVI prime integrator with Affirmed Networks.
* Lifecell Ukraine vEPC prime integrator having deployed Affirmed Networks vEPC carrying traffic over 100Gbps.
* Millenicom Unified NFVI prime integrator with Affirmed Networks.
* Millenicom vEPC prime integrator having deployed Affirmed Networks vEPC.